Stephanie Land: 2006 Reading List

Thursday, January 11, 2007

2006 Reading List

Here's my annual list of books read this year. I'm a little late with this, but I've been out of town. Also, I moved three times in 2006, and I just found the list I started in Chicago last January. I may have left some off, but it's as accurate as possible. Like I said, it's been a hectic year.

Books I read in 2006:
1. All the Shah's Men by Stephen Kinzer
2. Brown's Chicken Massacre by Maurice Possley
3. Horseplayers by Ted McClelland
4. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
5. Feast of Love by Charles Baxter
6. When I Lived in Modern Times by Linda Grant
7. The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
8. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
9. The Zahir by Paulo Coehlo
10. The Red Tent by Anita Diamont

Books I started but didn't finish:
1. A Kiss from Maddalena by Christopher Castellani
2. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
3. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
4. The Washingtonienne by Jessica Cutler
5. Thebes at War by Naguib Mahfouz

I won't be making predictions this year, because you can see how well that went last year. I didn't read any of the books I thought I would. Who knows where this year will take me - on the literary front and otherwise? Anything is possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home