Stephanie Land: Veni, vidi, non vici

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Veni, vidi, non vici


Went to Arlington Park Saturday to watch live racing and the Derby on simulcast. Seven of my comrades joined me.

The words to "My Old Kentucky Home" were printed on the bottom of the screen like some kind of freakish karaoke selection and my friends decided to mock me by singing along. I asked them nicely to be quiet. When that didn't work, I moved far enough away so that I couldn't hear them. It's a special song and a poignant moment for a Kentuckian, particularly one who has the misfortune of being away from the Bluegrass on Derby Day.

I didn't win any money, but a good time was had by all.

Here are my photos from our day-o-fun. Here are the photos of another girl in our entourage. And here is what Barrett had to say about the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home