Stephanie Land: Blessed Be

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Blessed Be

I intended to write a post on my Art of the Nonfiction Book class and my semi-famous instructor Stephen Kinzer. Instead, I'm looking backward. I just rediscovered a note I wrote to myself and pinned on my cork board last January. It's a plain white square with Allison's pager number at the top and BLESSING BEE, NPR scrawled on the bottom. A clear (to me at least) reference to a hilarious excerpt from writer Shalom Auslander's book of short stories Beware of God. Auslander reads "The Blessing Bee" in Act Three of a This American Life show from last year.

Religion is getting the nod today, not only because it's the holy Sabbath - dripping sarcasm is difficult to convey in print, non? - but also because I attended church this morning. I know! Crazy! Don't be too freaked: It was a Unitarian church, and, well, that's another story altogether.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Al,

I love that you have a pager. You are important.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home