Stephanie Land: The Plan Man

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Plan Man

Well, my procrastination plan is off to a smashing start. Although it's not because of my own blog, but everyone else's. The thrill of Christmas-card writing still looming, I've been reading - for like two hours - a really funny blog I just discovered. It's called The Company Bitch. I was initially attracted by the name, which reminded me of when I was VMS's bitch (you may remember: That was just before I turned into the Bitch of VMS and was, therefore, terminated). I'm hooked on this blog, though, because of passages like the following:
When I told my mother I broke up with Ex-Boyfriend she told me to "do
something beautiful" for myself everyday. Warping this concept to suit my
own superficial, Manhattanite soul, I have gone shopping, bought new
make-up, got a hair cut and groomed every inch of my body. While this is not
quite in line with my mother’s vision of her daughter gazing at sunsets and
feeling the joy of life, I do feel I have made the right decision. When, in
a week or two, I dissolve into a puddle of mushiness and obsessively analyze
every moment Ex-Boyfriend said anything sweet, somewhere in the back of my
head I will think Though I am Ex-Boyfriendless *sob* I am also totally
hot.

If there is anything worse than missing a boy and hating your
job, it is missing a boy, hating your job, and feeling as though everyone
has prettier hair than you.

She's right, by the way. Of course, it's even more tragic when your ex-boyfriend is also your hairstylist.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Tufte said...

I don't usually go in for this sort of blog, and I don't know why I clicked through, but The Company Bitch is one of the best blogs I've seen in months.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home