Stephanie Land: Books I Read in 2008

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Books I Read in 2008


It's been a while, but I can't forgo the annual reading list.

Books I Finished:
1. The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
2. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
3. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
4. Brief Encounters with Che Guevara by Ben Fountain
5. The Looming Tower: Al Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 by Lawrence Wright

It's a shamefully paltry list, to be sure. I hadn't realized it would be so short. What it lacks in quantity, though, it makes up for in quality. Fabulous books all! If you read no other book this year, you should read The Looming Tower. It's a masterpiece.

Books I Started:
1. Friday Night Lights by Buzz Bissinger
2. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
3. Tortilla Curtain by T. Coraghessan Boyle

I liked the first two of these. I just couldn't make it through all the football in the first and all the pages in the second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home